Project Manager (m/f/d) Translation Projects
You are managing translation projects for Marketing. Extended support, especially handling subtitling projects, is needed due to the increased digitalization of Marketing events in times of COVID-19. In this role, you will make all delivery-relevant project decisions in close alignment with all relevant stakeholders. You will be responsible for quality, costs and timely delivery of the projects assigned to you. Your main tasks will be:
- Plan translation projects (schedule, define scope, forecast volumes and costs)
- Develop and maintain project pipeline
- Prepare translation activities
- Execute translation projects with Smartling as translation editor and internal tool Sol as project management tool (schedule phases, monitor the project progress in order to meet all deliverables, anticipate obstacles, update regularly, keep an excellent project overview, ensure transparency in all aspects of the project, document critical events, keep all stakeholders informed about the project status, act as a central point of information)
- Provide on-time support
- Deliver complete project in time
- Evaluate project (analyze information and provide effective solutions to problems, provide feedback and lessons learned to involved parties)
- Share project learning with team
- Actively participate in process and tool improvement activities
- University degree in translation, computational linguistics, computer science or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of translation-related standard market technologies
- Very thorough understanding of localization and translation processes
- Excellent negotiation, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in an international team and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to take over responsibility
- Ability to efficiently master complex processes and to cope with challenging requirements
- Very structured working mode with high attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks
- Fluency in English (and ideally in German)
- Knowledge about SAP is a plus
- Knowledge about DTP tools and relevant formats is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standard translation management tools is a plus
- Knowledge of subtitling translation processes and tools is a plus
ALEX & GROSS is an international operating and fast-growing company and stands for competent business customer service in sales, service and support with four national and six international locations.
It requires a lot of tact and experience to establish business contacts, to develop effective sales concepts and marketing strategies to pave the way to success. Companies such as SAP, IBM, Microsoft, ABB place their trust in ALEX & GROSS.
In addition to attractive working conditions and a state of the art infrastructure, we offer you the opportunity to continuous advancement in a dynamic and innovative company. A positive working environment with a strong spirit, great colleagues, flat hierarchies and short decision-making routes.
After the initial on the job training phase and continuous trainings, you will have the opportunity to take on a versatile and responsible job position.
If we have awakened your interest and you are open to new professional challenges, we would be delighted to receive an informative application from you.